Welcome and thanks for dropping by....
At left is Queensland's largest, self-funded astro-tourism business purposely set up to show and tell the visitor all about the Universe since August 16, 2004.
The roll-off roof shown rolled back from the Observation Deck, is where you view the Cosmos in the telescope like the ones below.
The observation deck can seat up to 45 people.
- Night shows begin 7pm - March 1 to Sept.30 and 7.30pm - Oct. 1 to Feb. 28 each year. Each night show runs for about 90 minutes or so.
- For the best dates to stargaze, click on Show Dates in the top menu above, then phone - 4164 6194 or email as bookings are essential.
- If your school can not come to us, we come you! See Roving Astronomer at top right of this page.
News to hand..
- Maidenwell Hotel meal Observatory deal. For $45 per adult (min. 4 - 40 adults) the Maidenwell Hotel will serve you a delicious 2 course meal (incl. tea/coffee) before you come to the Obs. for some quality Stargazing How good is that? So get on the phone now and call the Observatory on 4164 6194 for bookings. Best stargazing dates are on our Show Dates in top menu above this page.
- 2014 Astro Calendars now on sale: $19.95 incl postage. These beautifully illustrated calendars show Rise/Set of Sun, Moon and Planets + a poster size wall Star chart. get one now!
- Principal astronomer and freelance photojournalist James Barclay with over 60 years experience in Astronomy and photography, is pictured with one of the three Meade LX200 14" GPS F10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, that shows exquisite detail of the Moon, Planets and Stars.
- The white kitchen steps is what you lean on to while looking into the eyepiece. Each telescope can be raised or lowered to suit your height.
- During a night show, James gives a running commentary of what you are looking at and points it out to you, if it can be seen with the eye.
- Night shows not suitable for children under 5 years.
- We now supply Skywatcher, Bresser and iOptron telescopes and or mount below ANY advt. price eleswhere. Call us for your quote.
- NO CAMPING on the Maidenwell Sports Field without a South Burnett Regional Council permit and a hold a current Public Liability Insurance policy. See the Accom. tab at top of this page for more details.